Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros and Cons of a Gaming Laptop

There are many different opinions about gaming laptops floating all over the internet, however I am a proud owner of a msi GT70 2OC gaming laptip. I've had my laptop for a few years now and it has given me nothing but joy. Even though there are many different types of gaming laptops ill just stick to the main idea about the pros and cons of gaming laptops versus a desktop.

The pros :

  • Easy to transport (lans etc.)
  • Good gaming experience
  • Can connect multiple monitors (in some cases)
  • Doesn't require lots of space
  • Can double for a work computer (going back to being portable)
  • Almost as powerful as a desktop

The cons
  • Relatively expensive (depending on which company and specs)
  • Not always fully up-gradable
  • Cleaning and servicing can be a pain in the butt
  • Smaller monitor 
  • Doesn't reach the same benchmarks as a desktop

As a proud owner of a gaming laptop there are a lot of cons to them, but if you are someone who does casual gaming and isn't aiming to go pro, I think gaming laptops are a good buy. If you are someone who does enjoy gaming and end up getting stuck with a work life it can still assist you with working. Unlike a normal laptop you can switch up the things you use it for i.e. gaming or work. 

From personal experience, the only issues I am currently having with my laptop is that I cannot fully upgrade it, however I have had this laptop for around 5 years now and it has handled most of the games relatively well. When it comes to very demanding games, I run the graphics between medium and high and get around 45-50 FPS and others 50-60 FPS.

All in all I think gaming laptops are a great idea if you are not entirely committed to gaming and just want to do it for the fun of it.

If you do own a gaming laptop already please share your experiences in the comments.

If this article has helped you out please share it with your friends and follow us out on our social media!

Cheers! - Balkan Ghost


BRIDGES CONNECT PEOPLE - BALKAN GHOST

No comments:

Post a Comment